As many of our loyal Custom BioGenic News readers know, Custom BioGenic Systems has three four-legged mascots: Charlie, Lucy and Shiba. You’re probably wondering – “How do you train your dog for a 9 to 5?” Allow us to offer a few tips!
- Keep your friends close, and your puppy closer! To train Lucy, Global Data Acquisition Sales Director Gina Lentine kept Lucy on a short leash for her first 2-3 weeks of being on the clock. This way, your paw-fect pet learns to be no more than 5 feet in front of you at all times.
- Bring in a dog bed! After all, your puppy needs a comfy cubicle, too!
- Have dog treats on hand at all times for good behavior. Lucy loves to dance for cookies, and Shiba is a fan of cheese!
- Be prepared and resilient when lunch-time beggars come. Try your best to resist the puppy dog eyes and protect your pasta!
- Provide a water bowl for your dog. Every time you need coffee, check the bowl for refills!
- Hold onto your leash for potty breaks! Lucy’s little
leash“necklace” is pink!
- Give your pet some dog toys for play time! Avoid squeaky toys to maintain the quiet work environment.
- Make sure your dog has their collar and ID to match your own company name tag!
- Older dogs like Shiba need their space and prefer to keep cuddles to a minimum. It’s her way of telling you to get back to work!
- Remember to be respectful of your team and make sure to communicate boundaries and any allergies before bringing in your buddy.
With these special steps, your office will definitely become a second home to your pet. Stay tuned, we may have more furry friends joining the Custom BioGenics team!