It’s time for June’s first Employee Spotlight Post! Remember, there will be two Employee Spotlights every month: one towards the beginning and one towards the end of the month, so be sure to check in a few weeks to meet another member of our team!
Marty Catalano was chosen for June’s first Employee Spotlight. As our shipping manager, he works very hard to keep things running efficiently and quickly. A member of the Custom BioGenic Systems team for many years, Marty is dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction and always strives to make the most of each day.
Keep reading to learn more about Marty and his experience working with us!
- What is your role at Custom BioGenic Systems? My role at Custom BioGenic Systems is shipping manager. We have built a management team here that makes it fun to work. I run the shipping room and help out in other areas to do the best we can to get our products out the door correctly!
- How long have you been working at Custom BioGenic Systems? I have been working here now for 20 years this year.
- What is your favorite part about your job? My favorite part about the job is being involved in our everyday/hands-on work to make sure items are done properly and done the best way for our customers.
- What have you gained from working here? From working at Custom BioGenic Systems I have gained confidence, knowledge of cryogenics, and a great working memory of every aspect of the job.
- What is the funniest memory you have of work? When we were on Oro Drive we had a class on Hilo safety training, and immediately following the training a co-worker drove a Hilo into another co-worker’s car. It wasn’t funny at the time, but we are still talking/laughing about it many years later.
- What do you like to do in your free time? In my free time I like to escape to Northern Michigan to our family cabin. We have great family times and create fun memories there, especially during the warm summer months.
- Do you have a favorite quote? My favorite quote is: Life’s too short…enjoy every minute!
- Favorite meal? My favorite meal is homemade pizza!
- Are you a morning person or a night-owl? I am definitely a morning person…nine o’clock is the new midnight!
- What is one thing you want to do before you die? Before I die I would like to retire and travel the states with my wife. We would love to see the Grand Canyon, California and Bar Harbor, Maine, and more!